The best summer recipes involve either a BBQ or no heat at all. This is one reason I love this healthy dessert in the summer (and every other season), along with its deliciousness of course!
It’s an extremely versatile recipe. You can adapt it to suit any craving…chocolate? berry? maple?
For a chocolaty pudding mix in 2 tbsp cocoa and a little extra sweetener + some chopped dark chocolate!
Chia seeds are nutrition power houses. I don’t like the term “super food” because so many foods are “super” in their own way, but these little seeds sure pack a punch! They are stuffed with fiber, omega-3’s, calcium, manganese and even some protein. They will keep you full for longer too due to their soluble fiber (which also helps lower cholesterol).
In honor of the recently passed Canada Day I just had to add some maple syrup too! :)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (not light!)
- 2.5 tbsp chia seeds (3 tbsp for a thicker pudding)
- 5 mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 8 frozen strawberries, thawed and muddled
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- additional maple syrup and toasted coconut for topping (optional)
- Mix coconut milk with chia seeds, ensure no large clumps of chia seeds form
- Mix in the remaining ingredients well
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight
- Stir after 15-20 min if desired to mix up any seeds that have settled to the bottom (optional)
- Drizzle with additional maple syrup and toasted shredded coconut before serving if desired and garnish with mint