Want to have dessert every night of the week?
Considering the obvious answer to this question, I’m here to help! My go-to “dessert” almost every night is a delicious cup of tea. I like to make mine with lots of warm milk (or chocolate milk) to make it extra satisfying, the added calcium and vitamin D is also a great bonus.
As fall turns to winter more and more delicious tea flavors seem to be popping up in every store. The store I have come to adore the most is Davids Tea. I love so many of their teas, it’s hard to only pick a few, but I do have some go-to teas for that sweet craving I seem to get after dinner (know the feeling?).
My top recommended Davids Teas:
- Read My Lips: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate, and pink peppercorns make this tea taste like a warm peppermint patty in a cup
- Forever Nuts: apple, almond, and cinnamon flavors blend perfectly to make this tea one of my all time favorites, beetroot is even added to make it a pretty pink color
- Coco Chai Rooibos: my favorite rooibos tea with hints of coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, and pink peppercorns. It’s delicious infused with warm milk for a fabulous chai latte
- Oh Canada!: a rooibos tea that’s a true Canadian experience with flavors of maple, caramel and toffee
- Strawberry Shortcake: a black tea with pieces of brittle and strawberry (for a more indulgent version, add cream and sugar for the real short cake experience – YUM!)
- Goji Pop: Flavored with apple, goji berries, and honeydew melon this is my favorite tea to ice when I don’t want something warm (…this doesn’t happen often though –I’m always cold!)
- Choconut Oolong, butter rum, red velvet, chocolate orange, cream of earl grey and earls garden also make my favorites list.
Picture courtesy of Davids Tea
Davids Tea winter collection has just come out too, SO exciting! Yes, I get this excited about tea! There are 3 on my list that I REALLY need to try! Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chili Chai, and Banana Dream Pie!
Banana nut bread is also amazingly delicious, but only available in store in the fall. BUT, you can order it online and it will be at your front door in a week! This tea (or any other one you love) is just about the best thing ever if you make it and then cook your oatmeal in it! Give it a try and thank me later.
I’m not a fan of the artificial flavorings in many of David’s Teas, but we can’t be perfect eaters and this is one place where I choose to give a little. It could be worse.
- tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world
- white, green, black and oolong tea leaves all come from the same evergreen tree
- the more processing tea leaves undergo the darker they turn; white and green teas have just had their leaves steamed quickly, while black tea leaves have been dried, crushed and fermented
- tea leaves contain high amounts of polyphenols/antioxidants (compounds that can help prevent damage to your cells and blood vessels), even more than many fruits and vegetables
- research has identified an association between decreased risk of stomach, esophageal, and skin cancer and consumption of 4-6 cups of tea daily
- the proper name for herbal tea is “tisane”
Tea is a great beverage to enjoy any time of day. It can relieve stress, warm you up and satisfy that sweet tooth. Try a tasty new variety of tea today to start reaping all the health benefits it has to offer!